Stuart, Florida – “Sailfish Capitol of the World”
Photo By Mitch Kloorfain (Own work) [CC BY-SA 3.0 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0)], via Wikimedia Commons
Halpatiokee Chapter Activities in Our Community
The Daughters of the American Revolution was founded in 1890 with the mission of promoting historic preservation, education and patriotism. As a chapter, we participate in the community in ways that promote this mission. Listed below are some examples.
- The Mansion at Tuckahoe Historic Marker
- Gilbert’s Bar “House of Refuge” Historic Marker
- All Saints’ Cemetery in Jensen Beach
- Restoration of DAR Constitution Hall in Washington DC, financial support
- Lineage research– DAR volunteers assist with genealogy research
- Genealogy resource books purchased for the Florida State Society DAR (FSSDAR), National Society DAR (NSDAR) and local libraries
- WWI Centennial Tree Planting Dedication on Memorial Day, May 28,2018
- 9-11 Memorial Tribute Commemoration participation
- Active duty military support
- Cell phones collected and phone cards purchased for military serving overseas
- Holiday cards to active duty serving in conflict areas
- DAR schools support
- Box Tops for Education collected to fund school equipment
- Books donated to the library at the Tamassee DAR school in Oconee, South Carolina
- Used books donated to the Book Depot to support the Martin County Library Systems
- Financial donations to help support DAR schools
- Student awards & scholarships
- American History Essay Contest Awards
- Good Citizen Award
- Scholarships for Martin County High Schools seniors
- JROTC awards to seniors in three local high schools.JD Parker Elementary School Adopt-a-Classroom by Halpatiokee Chapter with an annual donation for supplies.
- Membership education
- Informative monthly chapter meeting programs
- State and national conferences educate members about our DAR missions of historic preservation, patriotism, and education
- An Annual Continental Congress – Washington D.C.
- Halpatiokee Conservation Committee started a program to encourage butterfly and pollinator gardens.
- For more information about membership in Halpatiokee Chapter, NSDAR, please contact moc.oohaynull@ofnieekoitaplah